tovid 0.34 Edit
- a new GUI for making multiple titlesets with tovid was added.
- many updates/fixes for changes in some of the backends like ffmpeg and dvdauthor as well as numerous bugfixes.
- New libavfilter features from ffmpeg have been implemented, so the -quick-menu option that used -vhooks now works again with a recent enough ffmpeg (0.8) with appropriate libavfiler version.
- Several new options have also been added, including the ability to use your own arbitrary images for thumbnail links.
- PNG is now used generally as an intermediary format instead of JPEG, resulting in improved picture quality.
tovid 0.33 Edit
The most important thing is that you have a new way to install tovid from the
.tar.gz distribution. Instead of this:
./configure su -c 'make install' # or sudo make install
You can do this:
su -c './setup.py install' # or sudo ./setup.py install
Similarly, to uninstall once you get tired of tovid, instead of this:
su -c 'make uninstall' # or sudo make uninstall
You can do this:
su -c './setup.py uninstall' # or sudo ./setup.py uninstall
Some nice side-effects of this change include:
setup.pyis considerably faster than
make, both for installing and uninstalling
- Maintenance of
setup.pyis considerably easier than maintenance of
Since this is the first release to use
setup.py, the old
make scripts are still included--but we are planning to phase them out by the next release, so please try using
setup.py and report any problems you experience.
This release includes a more powerful way to configure the default settings of each
tovid command, via a
~/.tovid/tovid.ini file. This file will be created in your home directory the first time you run
tovid, and follows the well-known INI format, with some enhanced capabilities provided by Python's ConfigParser.
There is one
[section] for each of tovid's commands; within each section, you can set one or more default
options. For example, if you want the
mpg command to always use ffmpeg for encoding, and always encode to a quality of 8, you can do this:
[mpg] options = -ffmpeg -quality 8
Similarly, if you want the
vcd commands to always use
/dev/hdb as your CD/DVD-RW device:
[dvd] options = -device /dev/hdb
[vcd] options = -device /dev/hdb
See the example
tovid.ini file for more examples and an explanation of the allowed syntax.
tovid gui Edit
- Loading/saving of
- Loading of exclusive flags like
-static/-no-menuare correctly toggled
- Arguments can be passed on the command-line for setting initial GUI options, e.g.
tovid gui -foo -bar -bazor
tovid gui my_saved_script.bash -foo -bar -baz
- Color controls are refreshed as you type a hex value, with more graceful handling of invalid values
- The "Config" settings (for GUI font family, style, and size) now requires you to restart the GUI for changes to take effect
- Python 2.4 compatibility improved
- Fixed bug in Ubuntu, where libtovid was incorrectly installed to