Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
tovid 0.34 Edit
- a new GUI for making multiple titlesets with tovid was added.
- many updates/fixes for changes in some of the backends like ffmpeg and dvdauthor as well as numerous bugfixes.
- New libavfilter features from ffmpeg have been implemented, so the -quick-menu option that used -vhooks now works again with a recent enough ffmpeg (0.8) with appropriate libavfiler version.
- Several new options have also been added, including the ability to use your own arbitrary images for thumbnail links.
- PNG is now used generally as an intermediary format instead of JPEG, resulting in improved picture quality.
tovid 0.33 Edit
The most important thing is that you have a new way to install tovid from the
.tar.gz distribution. Instead of this:
./configure su -c 'make install' # or sudo make install
You can do this:
su -c './setup.py install' # or sudo ./setup.py install
Similarly, to uninstall once you get tired of tovid, instead of this:
su -c 'make uninstall' # or sudo make uninstall
You can do this:
su -c './setup.py uninstall' # or sudo ./setup.py uninstall
Some nice side-effects of this change include:
setup.pyis considerably faster than
make, both for installing and uninstalling
- Maintenance of
setup.pyis considerably easier than maintenance of
Since this is the first release to use
setup.py, the old
make scripts are still included--but we are planning to phase them out by the next release, so please try using
setup.py and report any problems you experience.
This release includes a more powerful way to configure the default settings of each
tovid command, via a
~/.tovid/tovid.ini file. This file will be created in your home directory the first time you run
tovid, and follows the well-known INI format, with some enhanced capabilities provided by Python's ConfigParser.
There is one
[section] for each of tovid's commands; within each section, you can set one or more default
options. For example, if you want the
mpg command to always use ffmpeg for encoding, and always encode to a quality of 8, you can do this:
[mpg] options = -ffmpeg -quality 8
Similarly, if you want the
vcd commands to always use
/dev/hdb as your CD/DVD-RW device:
[dvd] options = -device /dev/hdb
[vcd] options = -device /dev/hdb
See the example
tovid.ini file for more examples and an explanation of the allowed syntax.
tovid gui Edit
- Loading/saving of
- Loading of exclusive flags like
-static/-no-menuare correctly toggled
- Arguments can be passed on the command-line for setting initial GUI options, e.g.
tovid gui -foo -bar -bazor
tovid gui my_saved_script.bash -foo -bar -baz
- Color controls are refreshed as you type a hex value, with more graceful handling of invalid values
- The "Config" settings (for GUI font family, style, and size) now requires you to restart the GUI for changes to take effect
- Python 2.4 compatibility improved
- Fixed bug in Ubuntu, where libtovid was incorrectly installed to