- Now avconv (libav.org) is supported in SVN, and will be part of soon to be released tovid 0.35 ! See Installing tovid under "Subversion" for help on installing from SVN.
- If you have problems with tovid 0.34, specifically ffmpeg commands that will not run properly, use SVN. The latest updates for the fast changing ffmpeg api go there. See the Subversion section of "Installing tovid".
- July 23, 2011 tovid 0.34 released ! See this section for details.
- tovid needs a new owner! Please see this page if you are interested.
- Note: this does not mean the project is dead, just that development is curtailed. Bugfixes will still be released, especially to keep up with fast moving backends like ffmpeg. A new python developer would be most welcome !
- See screenshots of what tovid can do
- Read a simple example of how to use tovid
- Peruse some media coverage of tovid
- See what's coming in the next release
- Report a bug you've discovered
$ tar -xzf tovid-0.35.0.tar.gz $ cd tovid-0.35.0 $ su -c "./setup.py install" or $ sudo ./setup.py install
See Installing tovid for longer instructions, and for distribution-specific packages.
- Be sure to read the tovid manual
- If manpages bore you, try some of the HOWTOs and References
- Something wrong? Could be one of the known bugs or common tovid problems
Or, ask someone else for help:
- Visit the user group / mailing list to get help, report bugs, and discuss ideas
- Chat in the tovid IRC channel '#tovid' on freenode.net
Follow our HOWTOs to make our screenshots your own:
- Making a DVD with text menus
- Making a DVD with thumbnail menus
- Making a DVD with slideshow(s) or mixed video and slides
- Making a DVD from YouTube Videos
Getting to know the tovid suite:
Fundamentals of video:
Other good things to know:
- Capturing a frame from a video
- Extracting audio from a movie
- Video encoding tips
- Make DVD chapter menus
- Progressive half-speed
- DV field order correction
Please note: The website you currently see at http://www.tovid.org/ is NOT official, and is not affiliated in any way with the tovid development team.